Wednesday, September 7, 2011

V Fresh Pandan Drink with Basil seed.


"It's frog-spawn" whispered my mother in horror as I tilted the bottled to and fro before her. "Frog-spawn. You can even see the tadpoles. I'm not drinking that."

But my mother is nothing if not brave in the face of adversity.

As you could likely tell, the oddity of this drink revolves around its appearance. Little black seeds floating lazily in a slightly viscous green liquid.

Delicious.

The smell is unmistakably plant-like. What plant was up for debate. I labelled it sappy and vine-ish, my mother and sister were convinced of varying degrees of cucumber.

It tastes quite a bit sweeter than it smells, and by then I could definitely attest to the cucumber similarity. Did I like it? No, but it's inoffensive and the texture doesn't distract from the taste.

According to me, anyway. The rest of my little tasting party promptly fell to the least analytical of techniques, that is making weird faces and choking noises. "I think I'm going to hurl" my dear mother muttered as I defiantly drained the glass.

I... probably shouldn't have done that last part. My stomach hasn't taken well to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment