Thursday, September 15, 2011

Calamansi Fruit Juice Drink


 
Another one that's already met my approval and that I've pushed on my unsuspecting family. Its draw for me was the singularly pretty fruit on the package which lists itself as "Philippine lemon" but seems to have a whole host of common names having nothing to do with lemons at all. Does the intriguing source hold up as a beverage?
Well, we all certainly smelled lemon... and aside from me (I tasted hints of naval orange) we all tasted lemon.... So, in the end, this drink is pretty much lemonade.
The best lemonade.
No, really. On the sliding scale of lemonade this drink is a perfect balance between sweetness and tartness. It's not too sugary, it doesn't burn, it's not too sour. If you're looking for some kind of unique and exotic fruit experience, seek elsewhere, but if you're looking for a soothing balm to heal the wounds left by those all too common encounters with either syrup or battery acid? You may have found your prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment